Monday, January 20, 2014

laundry with cill in brazil


Much as surfers are attuned to the winds and tides, so too does Cill chase ideal laundry conditions.

See where I'm from you take your laundry out of the washing machine and shove it into the dryer. Cause duh. That's how it gets dry. Also because nobody in New York has room in their apartment for a clothesline -- and I guess if you do have room for a clothesline you can probably afford to have your own dryer, so you put your clothes in the dryer. Cause duh.

But in Brazil you hang your clothes on a clothesline. I don't know how to say duh in Portuguese, but cause like, sim. Isso.

So now me and Mark are all into clotheslines.

And I'd like to say it's because we're fun and adaptable and when in Rome, or because I don't buy into the American Dream of generating a carbon footprint bigger than fucking Godzilla's. But the truth is that our dryer broke and we're too lazy to have it fixed.

(Think about that for a moment if you will.)

But also, you don't need a dryer. Like 80% of the time here it's sunny and warm. And our house has a whole outside laundry area all set up and it's DOPE. I mean I guess it's really just that the washer and dryer are outside and the clothesline is under a roof. That is extremely dope to me. But shut up. I'm from New York, where you don't get to do your laundry outside. Leave me alone.

Omo smells better than Tide. Yeah, I said it.
So yes yes yes anyway, even though you can do some laundry every day and have it dry in a few hours, there are such things as GREAT DOPE-ASS LAUNDRY DAYS for doing laundry. These are sunny and dry and a little bit breezy and really hot, and on these I swear-to-shit-you-not you can do like six loads because your clothes will be dry in forty minutes. So long as you have time to fold and put away the dry stuff because you don't have a job.

(Heheh. Six loads.)

If I wake up in the morning and smell dope-ass laundry conditions I may very well marathon do-laundry.

But i might also go out.

Cause these conditions are also great for like, not doing laundry.





No comments:

Post a Comment