Tuesday, February 11, 2014

reading livros


I was reading my Pequeno Nicolau book and came across a word I hadn't seen before.

*Sorry, gonna stop here for a humble-brag. Nah, just a brag: I am now reading Portuguese at a third grade level. So, you know, suck it, second-graders. In yo FACE.




Okay anyway, this new word: 'comível.' From the context I knew it meant something like 'good' or 'agreeable.' Pequeno Nicolau's mom was all, "If you don't come to dinner soon, the roast beef won't be comível."

But I looked it up anyway, because I'm in third grade now and it's time to take the reigns of my own learn-on.

I wasn't expecting what Google Translate gave me:


So I'm glad I looked that up. Cause now I know what Pequeno Nicolau's mom really meant.


2 comments:

  1. absolutely amazing. those brazilians know how they like their meat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you're comível. you're like a hot roast beef

    ReplyDelete