Saturday, May 25, 2013

os dentes


As usual I don't know if this is a Brazil thing or a São Paulo thing or just a thing of the crowds we run with, but people here fucking LOVE brushing their teeth.

Public bathrooms are often equipped with mouthwash pumps and teeny-cups and sometimes baskets of dental floss. And people actually use them!

People also carry toothbrushes and little tubes of toothpaste in their purses and briefcases. It's unreal.

And i love it.

It creates a wonderful slumber party atmosphere in the public restrooms of Brazil. You walk into a restaurant or an office shizzad and find a gaggle of women chatting and laughing and brushing their dentes and spitting minty foam into the sinks.

It all feels so wholesome and warm. I wish I could stay I've started carrying around a tooth-cleaning kit myself, but it'll be too damn much fun to tell my dentist in the states about all this and watch his hopes soar and then tell him I'm still not into it because I don't like how mouthwash ruins the taste of Diet Coke.


No comments:

Post a Comment